Monday, March 29, 2010

The Betrayal

My heart races. By blood rushes through my body like electricity with the sheer exuberance of it. My eyes widen to prove my innocence. I stare deep into his eyes, knowing the reservations he holds there. I feel my heartbeat quicken with the words as I speak them, knowing they aren't true. This is more than just the instincts for self-preservation. This is a deep part of me. The craving for deception; the need to be in control. To know I have a power that cannot be repressed. I thirst for the adrenaline that courses through my veins. Every move, every facal expression, the tone of my voice must all work to acheive the desired goal - make him believe. He searches my face, scrutinizing, leaving not even the most insignificant twitch unnoticed. But there isn't even the slightest waver in my facade. I watch as his eyes slowly soften, and I wait. I wait for the feeling of elation that follows my acheived success. My flawless charade of the truth has been accepted as so. The waves of pleasure wash over me; I feel the evil flowing through me and I am not apologetic. My mouth slowly pulls into a devilish grin as I turn away.

No comments:

Post a Comment