Monday, March 29, 2010

My Place

This is to my Daddy for his 50th birthday. I love you, Dad. You will never know how much you mean to me.

You were always there for me.
You made me strong,
And led me along,
When I was too blind to see.

You taught me wrong from right.
I didn't agree,
What was best for me,
So you worried through sleepless nights.

And now that I am grown,
I feel the burning,
I know the yearning,
For something you have always known.

I want my children to have pride;
To see the things
That life can bring,
And know I'm on their side.

But still they are so small.
And you hold them
Where I have been,
And I always felt so tall.

In your strong and loving arms,
My kids and I
Let the world pass by
Where we are safe from harm.

You released me and let me go,
To take on life
With it's pain and strife.
These things I had to know.

And when I fell on my face,
You knew I would,
And you understood,
Back in your arms I found MY PLACE
.

No comments:

Post a Comment